The Sunday School Post

 
You may have noticed that Copacabana is dominated by a large hill or small mountain, with stuff on top of it.  When I first saw it, I said naw,,, I am on holidays.

The next day I walked around the whole thing in the morning and got most of the pictures posted on Picasa previously.  I had lunch, did some blogging, and had nothing to do so.... nothing for it but to climb that mountain.

It turned out to be an easy climb considering how steep the slope was and that I was at about 13,000 feet above sea level.  The walking club will no doubt be disappointed that I did not do it all in one go, I did stop to rest a few times.

What it turned out to be, was the stations of the cross.  If you don't know how many stations of the cross there are, you will just have to go here to find out.

When you get to the top, this is what you will see.  What is really interesting is that the final station, the cross of Jesus does not occupy the highest point.  To find out what does, make sure you click on the link.

re the waldo competition, Gord beats Rob by 8 minutes.  Both will get the photo prize.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Electrifying

Decline and fall

A new era