I have been to a lot of cities, but few are as visually exciting as Panama City.  Words fail me, my photography skills fail me.  But that never stopped me before, so I have posted photos on Picasa .  Most of the buildings in the photo above are still under construction.  When they are finished PC will be magnificent.  It already is.  You heard it here first :-)

 The bike will be shipped to Bogota on Viernes (Friday), provided I get it to Girag shipping at Tocumen Air Carga by 4 PM today (that would be Jueves , Marzo 11). 

On the way back from seeing Girag at Tocumen I rode through through the city.  Taking my lead from the pizza bikes (actually they led I followed), I had a blast splitting lanes, passing on the right, left, and at right angles, threading my way through the traffic jams.  On the other side of the city is El Canal.  A Holland America ship, Maasdam was making it's way through the last set of locks as I got there.  Besides me  and a whole lot of other gawkers, there was about an 8 foot crocodile supervising the procedure.  The croc only surfaced briefly from time time so I was not able to get a picture.  Don't swim in the Panama canal.

Panama has been hot every day I have been there, 35 every day.  I love it.  From minus 35 in December to plus 35 in March.

I have to mention the buses.  Every one is customized, some are absolutely wild.  Some (many) run open pipes. They can make custom bikes hang their headlights in shame.  Tomorrow I will try to sum up the courage to ride one back from Tocumen after dropping of El Moto. It may be the most exciting part of the trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Electrifying

Decline and fall

A new era